The same goes for the information that isn’t properly passed on to all employees. It never ceases to amaze me who communication breakdowns are tolerated and in some cases encouraged.
It’s of the most importance to have all team members present at meeting. Meetings need to start on time and have to follow their previously announced outline. Hidden agendas are as destructive as rescheduling and / or cancelling of meetings.
To be effective start following these rules:
- Every meeting needs a clear purpose.
- Team members have to be informed about all topics well ahead of the meeting time.
- Each and every participant is allowed to voice their opinion; but avoid chit-chat.
- No personal attacks (Why does this still have to be mentioned?).
- Cooperation instead of competition!
- Concrete results and agreements have to be reached before the meeting ends.
- The first topic of the next meeting is the quality control for the agreed upon changes.
Tags: boss chit chat communication breakdowns concrete results cooperation hidden agendas meeting room meeting time participant personal attacks protocol quality control rescheduling strict rules team meetings team members water cooler