Archive for February, 2008
A dinner lubricates business.Lord William Stowell
Tags: william stowell
- Use only words or phrases that you also use when speaking freely.
- Use simple and clear words. Remember, it is a business communication, not prosaic art!
- Put yourself in the shoes of the recipient of your message: What would she like to read about?
Make her the center of attention.
- Write like you speak! Short sentences help the reader to follow your thoughts.
- There is more than just the normal sentence: There are questions, exclamations, et cetera. And there’s more than just the simple dot: The semicolon, the dash, the colon, …
- Make it interesting; like the story you would tell. If appropriate, humor goes a long way.
- Be clear and precise. If the reader does not understand you—who is to blame?
- Be polite and stay away from emotions—except your are in the emotions business.
Tags: business communication center of attention emotions humor goes a long way outstanding business communication phrases proper business recipient
The leader can never close the gap between himself and the group. If he does, he is no longer what he must be. He must walk a tightrope between the consent he must win and the control he must exert.Vince Lombardi
Tags: gap tightrope vince lombardi
Anyway, the Bundestrojaner is a trojan horse the government put’s on your computer.
The spying is only ok if human lives or the existence of the state are endangered. What do think how many other countries love those German politicians and judges right now? And especially Germany, a country haunted by their Third Reich past.
We all know how those things work out: Give the government a finger and they’ll rip out your arm. Or more.
We all know that laws are broken; by bad guys the so called criminals and by the good guys; just look at the news and the amount of complaints and lawsuits. But putting spyware on peoples computers?
1984 wasn’t that bad, or was it?
Or maybe this was a stroke of genius from the German government - to decrease unemployment rates. Think about it: Now everyone will get busy to get more and more anti-spy-software. Anti-government software. And the Government will get busy to write more and more trojans. It also gives a totally new meaning to buyer beware: “This computer is officially government infested.” Welcome to the world of the anti-anti-anti-trojan…
Of course the one thing you will not see is that this trojan will land on the computers of those government officials that do wrong, steal, lie, betray, molest, abuse power….
What a sad day for human kind.
Wouldn’t you agree?
PS: Germany, the same country that has states paying hackers to decrypt Skype conversations…
Tags: abuse power anti spy software bad guys bundestrojaner conversations german government german link german politicians german supreme court good guys government officials government software hackers lawsuits legal government sad day stroke of genius third reich trojan horse unemployment rates