Here are some sobering statistics from Nielsen Bookscan, a company that in 2004 tracked the sales of 1.2 million books in the United States:
- Of those 1.2 million books, 950,000 sold fewer than 99 copies.
- Another 200,000 sold fewer than 1,000 copies.
- Only 25,000 books sold more than 5,000 copies.
- Fewer than 500 sold more than 100,000 copies.
- Only 10 books sold more than a million copies each.
- The average book in the United States sells about 500 copies.
(The above info is reprinted from the Levine Breaking News)
With that in mind - when would you consider a book a bestseller?
Tags: bestseller books breaking news million books nielsen bookscan statistics united states
This blog-entry is protected by a digital fingerprint:785273ed81985582c8a1be62f78c9459