Industry: Major manufacturer
Scenario:This particular manufacturer had a few hundred customers, but had thousands of articles with a few million more in stock. They were using an outdated system, but everyone was happy with it.
The company had recently been purchased by a trust company, whose upper management required that an AS/400 system be purchased. As a result, new article ids had to be created in order to be compatible with this new system.
Problem:The mid-manager, due to a personality conflict with the IT manager had told those working under him to ignore the new system entirely.
While the new and very expensive AS/400 was left to gather dust in the broom closet, the IT manager was blamed. Upper management soon learned that the new system was not being used and demanded that the IT manager make it a top priority to install the system and have all the article ids replaced in a very short time. The IT manager was then faced with an all-too-common dilemma: fix it now, or lose the job.
Solution:Within two months, I had him install a production planning system that was programmed in-house to connect the outdated system with the new one. This made upper management happy, and the mid-manager could continue use of the old system.
Result:The IT manager redeemed himself in the eyes of upper management, and his credibility was restored.
If you’ve been seeking assistance from a seasoned IT professional, my services will certainly meet or exceed your requirements. I’ve worked with a wide range of companies, software and human resources personnel to effectively meet the deadlines of urgent projects.
My process involves specific and unique approaches for identifying and solving communication breakdowns, discovering your source of change and ultimately saving the reputations of your entire team.
Here is a breakdown of my proven process for your success:
- I first identify communication breakdowns and fix them, so that what to do and when to do it is made clear to every member of your team.
- I continue by reviewing existing standards, which is an absolute must to get to the root of your project’s issues.
- I then create a “Destination Analysis” for you, which will ask you where you and your team would like to be with your project.
- The next stage is my “Source of Change” analysis, which will identify where you and your team stand at the present time.
- My “Solution Matrix” will reveal what options are available to you, and outline the cost of implementing these solutions.
- The “Plan of Change” will help to illustrate what you and your team can do to reach your goals.
- My “Success Analysis” will clearly show how successful you and your team are.
Tags: approaches article ids broom closet case study communication breakdowns credibility dilemma entire team gather dust human resources mid manager new article outdated system outline personality conflict planning system present time production planning reach your goals reveal short time solution matrix success analysis system result top priority trust company upper management urgent projects western europe