"Frank's skill in asking the right questions is un-mistakable, and is at the core of
his leadership philosophy.
The power of these questions cannot be underestimated, especially if you want to lead and not
Westhaven Worldwide Logistics
The Top 8 Rules for Outstanding Business Communication
- Use only words or phrases that you also use when speaking freely.
- Use simple and clear words. Remember, it is a business communication, not prosaic art!
- Put yourself in the shoes of the recipient of your message: What would she like to read about?
Make her the center of attention.
- Write like you speak! Short sentences help the reader to follow your thoughts.
- There is more than just the normal sentence: There are questions, exclamations, et cetera. And there's more than just the simple dot: The semicolon, the dash, the colon, ...
- Make it interesting; like the story you would tell. If appropriate, humor goes a long way.
- Be clear and precise. If the reader does not understand you—who is to blame?
- Be polite and stay away from emotions—except your are in the emotions business.
This Genius One Article is published here for the purpose of helping to improve your personal and organizational performances; designed to provide
accurate and authoritative information in regard to the subject matter covered. If legal advice or other expert assistance is
required, the services of a competent professional should be sought.
Please contact us directly if you need a word or pdf version of this article.